When it comes to purchasing or updating your kitchen cabinets, you have a lot of choices when it comes to finishes. You can go with a standard finish, or get creative and choose something that will really make your custom made kitchen stand out. Here are seven of the most popular types of kitchen cabinet finishes.
Each type has its own unique look and feel, so be sure to choose the one that will best suit your style and needs. No matter what your choice is, updating your kitchen will give your entire room a fresh new look. Read on to learn more about each type of finish!
What is Kitchen Cabinet Finishes?
Kitchen cabinets can come in a variety of colors, styles and finish options. Kitchen cabinet finishes can be very important in terms of the overall look and feel of your kitchen. Finishing process is usually applied to the door, drawer fronts and frame of the kitchen cabinets. The most common kitchen cabinet finishes are melamine, veneer, lacquer, laminated, PVC, PET, etc. These options can be mixed and matched to create a unique look for your kitchen. They can also be applied to cabinets that have been already installed in your kitchen. Kitchen Cabinet Finishes.
Types of Kitchen Cabinet Finishes
There are many cabinet options available when it comes to surface finishes. The most traditional finish is paint, which can be applied to any type of wood. Paint is a good choice for cabinets that will see a lot of wear and tear, as it is easy to touch up. Another option is stain, which can be applied to natural wood cabinets to give them a richer look. Stain is also durable, but it can be difficult to repair if it becomes scratched or chipped.
For a more unique look, there are more other options for kitchen cabinet finishes available such as melamine, PVC, laminated, veneer, PET, and so on. These finishes can add depth and character to your cabinets, but they may require more care and maintenance. When choosing a surface finish for your cabinets, consider both the look you want to achieve and the level of maintenance you are willing to perform.
This type of finishing material is made of melamine, which is a type of plastic. Melamine is a durable material that is easy to care for and wipe clean. It is also available in a variety of colors and finishes, you can get it with some textures totally look like natural wooden grain. The surface of melamine kitchen cabinets finish is durable, the surface is easy to clean, and will not stain or chip. It’s perfect for any house hold with children in it because they resist staining from food like most wood furniture does!
Pros of melamine finish
- Melamine is a type of plastic that is often used as a finish on wood products.
- Melamine is very durable and easy to clean, making it a popular choice for finishes on products that will see a lot of wear and tear, such as countertops, cabinets, and flooring.
- Melamine is also less likely to chip or scratch than other kitchen cabinet finishes, making it ideal for high-traffic areas.
- Melamine finishes can also be applied to a variety of different materials, including wood, metal, and plastic.
- Melamine finishes are available in a wide range of colors and textures, making it easy to find an option that will complement your existing décor.
Cons of melamine finish
- Melamine is a synthetic resin that is derived from coal tar. It is a hard, durable, and heat-resistant material that is often used as a finish on wood products.
- While melamine is a durable finish, it is not as strong as some other kitchen cabinet finishes, such as lacquer or varnish.
- Melamine can also be difficult to repair if it becomes damaged.
- Melamine finishes are also susceptible to staining, and they can be difficult to clean.
- Melamine finishes can emit harmful chemicals, such as formaldehyde, which can cause respiratory problems.
Veneer is a type of thin sheet of natural wood that are applied over a plywood or particle board base. Veneer is available in a variety of wood grain patterns and colors. It is also more resistant to chipping and scratches than melamine. In addition to its natural texture, overall veneers have one other significant advantage: their surface won’t show dirt as quickly. However, veneer kitchen cabinets may require more care and maintenance than melamine cabinets, due to its less water-resistance or stain resistance.
Pros of veneer finish
- Veneer finish is more durable than paint finish.
- Veneer finish is less likely to chip or peel than paint finish.
- Veneer finish can be repaired more easily than paint finish.
- Veneer finish does not require as much maintenance as paint finish.
- Veneer finish can give furniture a more luxurious look than paint finish.
Cons of veneer finish
- Veneer finish is not as durable as solid wood kitchen cabinet finishes.
- Veneer finish can be damaged by water and heat more easily than solid wood finish.
- Veneer finish is more difficult to repair than solid wood finish.
- Veneer finish may not be compatible with all types of paint or stain.
- Veneer finish may yellow or fade over time.
Material for laminate kitchen cabinets is a synthetic film or layer that is bonded to a particle board, plywood, or MDF substrate. Laminate is available in many styles and colors and can mimic the look of natural wood. Laminates can be found in kitchens all over the place, from high end restaurants to your average family’s kitchen. This artificial material is made by pressing thin layers of plastic resins and flat papers together until they form an intricate design with colorful images on top making it beautiful while still being durable enough for everyday use!
Pros of laminated finish
- Laminated finishes provide an extra layer of protection against wear and tear.
- Laminated finishes are easy to clean and maintain.
- Laminated finishes are available in a wide variety of colors and styles.
- Laminated finishes are less likely to chip or crack than other kitchen cabinet finishes.
- Laminated finishes can be applied to a variety of surfaces, including wood, metal, and plastic.
Cons of laminated finish
- Laminated finish is difficult to repair if it’s damaged, and it’s visible even after the piece is repaired.
- If you need to replace a piece of laminated furniture, it can be difficult to find a match for the finish.
- Laminated finish can sometimes peel over time, especially if they are exposed to heat or moisture.
- Laminated furniture can emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which can be harmful to human health.
Lacquer is a clear finish that is applied to wood to protect it from scratches, stains, and water damage. Lacquer cabinets are available in many different colors and can be either glossy or matte. Which type of cabinet is right for you depends on your personal style and the overall look you are trying to achieve in your kitchen. Lacquer kitchen cabinets are available in a limited number of colors and can be custom ordered to match many color scheme. They are more expensive than other kitchen cabinet finishes but are more durable and easy to clean.
Pros of lacquer finish
- Lacquer is a material made from a resin that is derived from tree sap.
- Lacquer surface is known for their durability and resistance to scratches, stains, and water damage.
- Lacquer can be applied to a variety of different materials, including wood, metal, and plastic.
- Lacquer finishes are available in a variety of different colors, allowing you to customize the look of your furniture.
- Lacquer finishes are relatively easy to care for and can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Cons of lacquer finish
- Lacquer finishes are required to regularly clean and polish in order to keep them looking their best.
- Lacquer finishes can be easily damaged by household cleaners, dust, and even fingerprints if you are not careful.
- Because lacquer finishes are so delicate, you will need to use special cleaning products that are designed for use on lacquer.
- Lacquer finishes can yellow over time, especially if they are exposed to sunlight. This can give your furniture an old and dated appearance.
- Because lacquer finishes are so delicate, they are not suitable for high-traffic areas such as kitchens or living rooms.
Acrylic is a type of material made from a plastic called polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA). Acrylic kitchen cabinets are a great way to bring beauty and durability into your home. They come in many colors, styles and sizes so you can find one that suits both the style of his or her house as well what they need inside it! The material used for furniture makes them very scratch resistant while also being easy clean-up – no stain will stick around on this surface long anyways thanks its anti UV coating which protect against sun damage too.
Pros of acrylic finish
- Acrylic finishes are easy to apply, and they can be applied by brush, roller, or sprayer. They dry quickly and can be recoated in as little as two hours.
- Acrylic finishes have good durability and resistance to chipping, cracking, and peeling. They are also resistant to UV light, making them a good choice for exterior surfaces.
- Acrylic finishes have low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are harmful chemicals that can be released into the air. It’s an perfect choice for both the environment and your health.
- Acrylic finishes have good adhesion, meaning they will stick well to surfaces without chipping or peeling. This makes them a good choice for surfaces that will be exposed to high levels of wear and tear.
- Acrylic finishes are typically more affordable than other types of kitchen cabinet finishes, such as urethanes or epoxies.
Cons of acrylic finish
- Acrylic finishes can yellow over time.
- Acrylic finishes can be susceptible to scratches and other forms of damage.
- Acrylic finishes can be difficult to repair if they are damaged.
- Acrylic finishes can be more expensive than other types of finishes.
- Acrylic finishes may not be as durable as other types of kitchen cabinet finishes.
PVC is also a plastic material called polyvinyl chloride (PVC). PVC cabinets is often used in kitchen or bathroom furniture because they are resistant to moisture and chemicals. Additionally, it is a perfect option for those who want the durability and affordability of plastic, but don’t like how it looks. They come in an array or vibrant colors that will match any kitchen décor perfectly! You can also order them customized with your own personal design elements to give you exactly what’s desired- without breaking apart bank account balance at all.
Pros of PVC finish
- PVC is a type of plastic that is used as one of the kitchen cabinet finishes for many different products, including windows, doors, and pipes.
- PVC is a durable material that is resistant to many different types of damage, including water damage, UV damage, and scratches.
- PVC is also a very low-maintenance material, as it does not require painting or staining like other materials.
- PVC is also a very lightweight material, which makes it easy to transport and install.
- PVC is an environmentally friendly material as it can be recycled and reused.
Cons of PVC finish
- PVC is a type of plastic that contains harmful chemicals, including lead, cadmium, and phthalates.
- These chemicals can leach out of the PVC and into the food that is stored in containers made with this material.
- Studies have linked exposure to these chemicals to a variety of health problems, including cancer, reproductive issues, and neurological problems.
- PVC is also not recyclable, so it creates a significant amount of waste.
- Finally, PVC is often made with chlorine, which is a known greenhouse gas.
UV finish is a UV-cured coating that is applied to the surface of the cabinet. UV kitchen cabinets are designed to be durable and resistant against scratching. They also have a high sheen that makes them easier clean, as well as preventing stains from setting in over time due the UV coating on these surfaces making it more difficult for food ingredients like blood or juice spills get absorbed by this type of material which would otherwise leave ugly marks behind when wiped away with water alone.
Pros of UV finish
- A UV finish is a type of coating that is applied to wood products in order to protect them from damage.
- UV finishes are available in both clear and pigmented varieties.
- UV finishes are more durable than traditional kitchen cabinet finishes, such as lacquer or varnish.
- UV finishes provide excellent protection against sunlight, water, and other environmental factors.
- UV finishes are available in both matte and glossy finishes.
Cons of UV finish
- Material for UV finishes can be toxic. The chemicals used in UV finishes, such as formaldehyde, can off-gas into the air and be inhaled by people.
- UV finishes are not as durable as other types of finishes. UV finishes can scratch and wear down over time, which means that they will need to be replaced more often than other types of finishes.
- Some people may also be allergic to the chemicals used in UV finishes. If you have an allergy to one of the chemicals used in UV finishes, you may experience a variety of symptoms, including skin irritation, respiratory problems, and headaches.
- Applying a UV finish also requires special equipment, such as a UV lamp. This equipment can be expensive, which means that it may not be accessible to everyone.
- UV finishes also take longer to dry than other types of kitchen cabinet finishes. This means that you will need to wait longer before you can use or touch the item that has been treated with a UV finish.
PET finish is a type of coating that is often used on kitchen cabinets. PET stands for polyethylene terephthalate, and it is a polymer that is created by combining ethylene glycol and terephthalic acid. PET is a strong and durable material that is resistant to scratches, staining, and fading. As a result, it is an ideal choice for kitchen cabinets, which see a lot of wear and tear. PET finish is also easy to clean and maintain, making it a low-maintenance option for busy families. In addition, PET kitchen cabinets is environmentally friendly and does not emit VOCs (volatile organic compounds). For these reasons, PET finish is an increasingly popular choice for kitchen cabinets.
Pros of PET finish
- PET is a type of plastic that is commonly used to make water and soda bottles. It is also used in food packaging, such as for peanut butter jars and ketchup bottles.
- PET is a strong and lightweight material that is highly shatter-resistant.
- PET is 100% recyclable and can be made into new bottles and other products.
- PET does not contain BPA (bisphenol A), a chemical that has been linked to health problems like obesity and cancer.
- PET is less likely than other plastics to leach chemicals into food or beverages.
Cons of PET finish
- PET Finish is a synthetic resin that is applied as a coating to paperboard and other substrates.
- The main purpose of this finish is to provide a glossy, protective surface that is resistant to abrasion and moisture.
- It can be difficult to apply evenly, resulting in an uneven effect of kitchen cabinet finishes.
- It is also susceptible to scratches and other damage, which can mar the appearance of the finished product.
- PET finish is not considered to be environmentally friendly as it is derived from petroleum products.
Mateiral for HDPE kitchen cabinet finishes are made from high-density polyethylene, it’s a great choice if you want your kitchen to be durable. HDPE is the type of plastic used for making supermarkets shelves and it’s really strong! It also resists stains, moisture (but not too much), heat etc., which makes these cabinets perfect in an environment where things get heated up often such as near open fire places or ovens with pans on them at all times.
Pros of HDPE finish
- HDPE has excellent resistance to a wide variety of chemicals, including acids, alkalis, and salts. This makes it an ideal material for a wide range of applications, including food storage, chemical containment, and more.
- HDPE also has good mechanical properties, including high impact strength and high ductility. This means that it can withstand a wide range of temperatures and pressures without breaking or becoming deformed.
- HDPE has very low moisture absorption rates, meaning that it will not absorb water from the atmosphere or from contact with wet surfaces. This makes it an ideal material for applications where moisture resistance is required, such as in food packaging or in outdoor furniture.
- HDPE is also resistant to UV radiation, making it an ideal material for outdoor applications. HDPE will not fade or become brittle when exposed to sunlight, making it a durable material that can withstand the elements.
- HDPE is a recyclable material for kitchen cabinet finishes, meaning that it can be reused or recycled instead of being sent to landfill sites. HDPE can be recycled into a wide variety of products, including pipes, fencing, decking, and more.
Cons of HDPE finish
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is a plastic resin made from petroleum.
- HDPE is used in a variety of applications, including packaging, food and beverage containers, pipes, and industrial products.
- HDPE has a number of benefits for kitchen cabinet finishes, including being lightweight, durable, and resistant to chemicals and corrosion.
- HDPE can be recycled and is therefore considered to be a sustainable material.
- However, HDPE products can release harmful chemicals into the environment during their production, use, and disposal.
Kitchen cabinet finishes are a big decision for any buyer. We’ve outlined the seven most popular types of finishes, but there are many more to choose from. With so many options on the market, it can be hard to decide which finish is right for your home. If you need help narrowing down your choices or want advice on how to style your cabinets with a specific finish, our team is here to help. Give us a call today and let us guide you through the process of selecting kitchen cabinet finishes that will perfectly suit your needs and style.
Wonderfᥙl, what a website it is! This webpage
presents helpful іnfоrmаtion to us, keep it up.